Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why I've Been Gone

I haven't posted in a while, thought it might help to write out why.



A few weeks ago, my youth pastor (the one who shows no interest in forming a relationship with anyone) talked about how he believes in predestination, and how predestination is part of the Southern Baptist Convention thing. And I've had alot of issues with that.

IF it is true, that means it wasnt' someone's choice to go to hell; it was God's. My YP says he's not sending people to hell because we're already going there, and in his love and mercy he's saving some people. The way I see it, though, if HE'S the one choosing: if you have the power to save everyone, or let them choose, and you don't, what's the difference? You are, in essence, damning them.

I get a picture in my head of someone being given a list of names and being told, "All of these people are about to be burned at the stake. However, any of them that you circle will get out. There's no limits, no rules; as long as you circle their name, they live." And then the person leaves the paper in his hamster's cage and whatever names the hamster peed on, you circle. You could have circled every single name.

But you didn't.

The Bible isn't incredibly clear about this, if I'm interpreting it correctly. I guess it's not too hard to imagine a God like that.

But . . .

how do you love him?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I would like to share my view on predestination.

    I would like to have Romans 8:29-30 as reference for this.

    29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined lto be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

    Predestination is about God knowing whom who will accept Jesus Christ as Savior or not. From the very beginning, God knew about this, so from the very beginning, He predestined already who will go to heaven and who will go to heave. God gave us the free will to choose, that is why Eve was able to let herself be carried away by the temptation of Satan.

    So if somebody goes to hell, it is that somebody's choice. It's not because God was so unjust he just wanted to exclude some people in his grace and mercy.

    So if somebody gets saved, it is just a clear picture of CONFIRMATION that God has predestined you to be saved, for from the very beginning, God knew that you would CHOOSE TO FOLLOW Jesus.

    I hope this has been of help. I also hope that these verses may be helpful to you too. Will be praying for you.

    Ezekiel 18:23
    Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?

    1 Timothy 2:4
    This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and ato come to the knowledge of the truth.

    God does not want anybody to send into hell. Rather, he wants everyone to be saved, for he does not delight to the death of the wicked.

    That's how wonderful, amazing, and gracious the God that we have.

    ReplyDelete